BUSINESS-
CALENDAR
VIEW

Sights

About Pavlodar region

Pavlodar region is located in the northeast of the Republic of Kazakhstan and in the zones of steppe and semi-desert. The navigable river the Irtysh runs through the territory of the region crossing it from the south to the north. The South Siberian Railway passes from the east to the west. The region is located in the northeast of the Republic of Kazakhstan and borders on the north with Omsk, on the northeast with Novosibirsk, on the east with the Altai Territory of the Russian Federation, on the south with the East Kazakhstan and Karaganda regions, on the west with Akmola and North-Kazakhstan regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The territory of the region is 124.8 thousand square kilometers.

Pavlodar, glorified by poets, admires its guests with wide avenues and streets, shady parks and lanes, flower gardens and fountains, it is clean, light, and cozy here at any time of the year.

Sights

About the monument

The Cathedral is a modern monument, which amazes with its scope. It was built in 1999. Pavlodar architects took one of the Moscow Kremlin cathedrals as a basis. The bells were cast in Moscow, at the factory named after Likhachev; there are only nine of them. The largest bell has 1,024 kg in weight. The church utensils were made in the town of Sofrino (Moscow region), partially in the Pavlodar furniture factory. A monolithic dome is an architectural rarity. The gold plated cross is installed above the dome at a height of 51 meters. The openwork temple arches, the high-flying cupolas with golden crosses, graceful towers, the bell tower make the temple a unique architectural ensemble.

About the surroundings

The favorite place of recreation for citizens and guests of the city is the embankment of the Irtysh River. The embankment structure is based on the terrace principle taking into account the natural relief. The upper terrace is the level of the existing public garden. The main terrace is a central lane that unites the existing lanes into a single embankment. The lower terrace is a beach. The main core of the composite solution is the central axis of the main descent, combining with the central axis of the public garden. The viewing platform is at the end of this axis. The central descent is represented by staircases and fountains. The central embankment adjoins the central square of the city, forming a single architectural ensemble. The project was developed by the Institute “Pavlodar Civil Project”. Lenin Street is an “old city”, where the old buildings of the former business center are preserved.

About the monument

It was built in 1890 for a rich cattle dealer. It is a high building, with large windows, there is a spacious basement room. The roof is crowned with nine small towers connected by forged parapets. There is a front porch with a shed and a patterned, forged side grate. In 1944, the first museum of local history was located in this building, now the funds of the regional local history museum are located here.

About the monument

The House Museum of Song Arts named after Mayra Shamsutdinova was founded on January 30, 2001. The museum acquaints the visitors with the life and work of our compatriot, the famous singer, and composer of the 20s of the last century, Mayra Shamsutdinova. From early childhood, Myra began singing accompanying herself on the accordion, composed songs. During her short life, she composed several songs that were included in the collection “1,000 and 500 songs of the Kazakh people” by the famous ethnographer, A.V. Zataevich. The museum is located in the house of merchant Abdul Fattah Ramazanov.

About the monument

The pride of Pavlodar is a monument of architecture – the Trading House of Merchant A. Derov. The building was built in 1896 by the architect P. Batov with the money of a famous merchant of the first guild and honorary citizen of the city A. I. Derov. It was one of the largest buildings of the merchant part of the city in terms of length and volume. The trading house is a large building, now a monument of merchant architecture, which was built in the style of the so-called Siberian “modern” with characteristic decors and rosettes. The particular attention was paid to framing the windows, doors, upper parapets, and balconies. The walls are decorated with figured frames in the form of round sockets, ledges. The upper part of the building is decorated with the turrets with tracery-forged bars. The second floor is crowned by a balcony. Now the building is connected to the former house of Filatov, there is an exposition of the regional local history museum.

About the monument

They were built in 1903-1904 after the fire in 1901 when all the wooden structures (sheds, stalls, church) were burnt in the marketplace. The marketplace was the commercial center of the city. There were the domes of the unfinished Vladimir church and Koromyslov wooden circus. In the years of the Great Patriotic War, the former trading rows were given to the October factory. In 1956, the cinema “Kolos” was opened in the northern part of the trading rows. At this time, the building belongs to a private person, but under the law of the RK, when carrying out restoration works, the owner is obliged to preserve the historical appearance of the building. It is good that the Trading Rows, as a monument of architecture, are now restored and the historical appearance of the building is recreated.

About the monument

In the past, these two buildings were the shops of merchants Surikov and the Balandins brothers. The houses were built in the nineties of the XIX century; they were connected by stone gates, which have preserved their original appearance. After 1920, “Udarnik” cinema was in one of the houses for a long time, and since 1969, there was “Pioneer” cinema. After the fire in 1982, the building was restored and given to the Chekhov drama theater. In 1925, the house of the merchants Balandins that was rebuilt twice was given to the Red Army club, which then became known as the Working Club. Currently, it houses the main building of the Chekhov Drama Theater. Both buildings were restored; red brick was used to recreate the original appearance.

About the monument

One of the largest buildings of the old Pavlodar is located along Lenin Street at an angle from the Drama Theater.

A typical building with elements of modernism and merchant architecture of the beginning of the last century, with a turret-tent above the main entrance and a pediment in the middle. Other characteristic elements of the decor are the ledges on the walls and corners of the building, marble vases and parquet on the roof. There are small turrets connected by openwork grids on the roof.

Until 1917-20, S.Y. Okhapkin rented it to various insurance and bank offices. After the twentieth year of the last century and to this day, there were medical institutions in the building.

About the monument

Dmitry Bagayev, the photographer, and local historian, founder of the local history museum, creator of the unique photo chronicles of Pavlodar, lived and worked in this house. The photo salon attached to the house with a glass ceiling, the large panel, and interior items remains intact.

About the monument

The pride of Pavlodar is a monument of wooden architecture – the Zaitsev merchant’s house. The house was built in 1897 by the order of the brewery works owner, Pyatkov, who later became the governor of the city. A large, wooden house is decorated with elaborately carved patterns; metal parapets are mounted on the roof. The house walls, blinds, and doors are covered with patterns, which look like a light lace. Woodcarving was carried out by the Pavlodar and Slavgorod artisans, Kosarev, Chechetkin and others, according to the sketches of the architect Batov. Another feature of the house is round veranda – an outhouse protruding from the building center. According to the stories of the old-timers, this veranda was built by a special order for the seriously ill daughter of merchant Pyatkov. The tiled fireplace was preserved in the house. Later the house was bought by a cattle dealer, Zaitsev. The Zaitsev merchant’s house is a house of literature since 1990.

About the complex

This is a unique building occupying 1,800 sq.m. The main place is occupied by an ice area with an artificial ice for 250 pairs of skates. The feature is that the artificial ice surface can be covered with a special polymer, called partoflor, and the ice rink is transformed into a sports hall where it is possible to hold a competition in basketball, volleyball, etc. The refrigerator works round the clock and creates an unusually fresh and clean atmosphere in the premise. There is a special machine for ice cleaning and leveling. In addition, there are two gyms, female and male. There is a fitness club, a sauna with a swimming pool, six tennis tables, a buffet, a sportswear store. The sports and recreation complex has become an architectural novelty of the city and one of the favorite places for the townspeople active recreation.

About the complex

The architectural construction of the mosque named after Mashkhur Zhusup boggles the mind with its beauty and greatness. The main mosque of the city can be seen from different parts of the city. The new mosque is notable for its sky-blue dome in the form of a shanyrak, which is crowned by a golden crescent, ascending blue minarets and majestic staircase. The mosque building represents an eight-pointed star measuring 48×48 meters, the height of minarets is 63 meters, and the height of the dome with a crescent is 54 meters. The decoration of the mosque is the crystal chandelier “Zumrad” with 434 light bulbs, which was manufactured in Tashkent. The mosque is located in the center of Pavlodar and looks like an open heart open to the world and good if you look at it from the staircase base.

About the monument

On October 25, 2000, the monument to the poet S. Toraigyrov was erected at the intersection of Toraigyrov and Satpayev streets against the background of the big residential area. Sultanmakhmut Toraigyrov is a Kazakh poet-democrat, a native of Bayanaul region. During his short life, he left his mark in the Kazakh literature.

The monument to the poet is made of bronze, and a pedestal is made of red and black granite. The art museum wall, which is a background of the memorial, is filled with two narrative reliefs, authored by a young talented sculptor, Murat Mansurov. He used themes from the S. Toraigyrov works. The height of each relief is 3 meters, width is 6 meters. The monument is a bronze figure of the poet standing at the pine. S. Toraigyrov is depicted as a lyric poet and romanticist as these qualities are characteristics of youth. The elements of tragedy complement the solutions of the pedestal, which combines red and gray granite and two small architectural forms in the shape of pyramids. The pyramids symbolize that he would make great progress in Kazakh literature if he lived a long life. The author of the sculpture is the honored arts worker, Yeshkhan Sergebayev. The memorial to S. Toraigyrov became an adornment of the city and a monument of the Republican significance.